Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Advance Laser Pointer for Presentation - First Thoughts

During a meeting at work the other day, one of the speakers started using his laser pointer to highlight some key points on the projector screen. I don't know about anybody else, but it bothers the heck out of me when people swing the laser dot on the screen back-and-forth, twirling it in circles, because it causes more of a distraction for me than help me follow the presentation.Then I thought to myself, someone needs to come up with a better tool for presenters!

Here Try This: invent a sophisticated laser pointer that can project a laser dot horizontally/vertically/and diagonally...maybe even in a various size of circles? Imagine how many presentations/talks/meetings occur each day at work, school, workshops, etc. If you can think of a way to get these advance laser pointers in each of these presenter's hands, we are talking about some significant $$$. I would imagine this to be a large volume/low profit type product with high risk of copycats and low cost countries undercutting your market share if they can replicate the same technology.

2 comments:

  1. Back then when laser pointers were a cool thing to have, they did have interchangeable heads that have different patterns. It was a pain to keep track of all the heads and changing them though. What they really need to make is a laser pointer with a stabilization device in it. You'd think Michael J Fox was doing a presentation from all the ones I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those and kids would bring them to the movie theaters and point them on the big screens; annoying.

    ReplyDelete